summer’s here including outdoor events, summer storms, ice cream, watermelon and tan lines. since I’m also “free” again I can finally enjoy all these things and got time to experiment in the kitchen. and wraps even work always when it’s hot, right? that’s why today’s recipe is a simple one, for delicious summer wraps with tofu and other yummy ingredients.
bachelor(ette) and back to normal
it’s done – I got my degree and it’s time to make some new tracks. not only work-related but also health-related. ’cause during the final stage of studying I did not only eat super unhealthy (delivery service, take away, …) but also rarely worked out. therefore I’ve been enjoying cooking more and getting rid of all my energy by doing sports during the last few days. don’t worry celebrating wasn’t neglected as well. 😉
that leaves the question, what’s normal… my typical viennese answer is; “we’ll see”. I’m exploring some options and don’t know for sure what will happen. however, for now blogging will stay a part of normal!
the following recipe is a quick creation, which is perfectly suitable to get rid of leftovers (at least those in my kitchen). as you can stuff tortillas with so many different things there will more tortilla or wrap recipes in the future. for now here’s the one for summer wraps with tofu, broccoli and chickpeas:
- 6 (small) tortillas
- 200 g broccoli
- 120 g hummus (at least!)
- 120 g chickpeas
- 120 g tofu
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp oliv oil
- fresh cilantro to taste
- preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F).
- cut tofu into small dices.
- combine tofu and chickpeas with curry powder, oliv oil and some salt.
- spread the mixture on a parchment covered baking tray and bake crispy for about 10-15 minutes.
- in the meantime cut broccoli in small pieces and cook for a few minutes until al dente.
- spread hummus on the tortillas, then put some arugula on top.
- then add cooked broccoli as well as the baked tofu chickpea mix.
- immediately enjoy.
as an add-on stirred yogurt or sour cream taste amazing.
ordinary and smoked tofu taste equally good - thus decide yourself 😉