slowly (and luckily) it’s getting warmer again, thus I’d quickly like to show you a delicious soulfood recipe, which can be cooked during every season but tastes even better when it’s cool outside: peanut butter lentil curry.
easy & fast
recently, some of my followers and friends told me that despite my dishes looking super good, they are just to lazy to prepare them themselves. therefore it was time to show you a particularly simple recipe – although most of my recipes are really not complicated 😉
so, what’s simple? one pot obviously! just cutting some stuff, “throwing” all ingredients in a pot, let them simmer and you’re good to go eat.
creamy & healthy
moreover this one pot peanut butter lentil curry is extra delicious due to the usage of peanut butter. usually, you see it as an ingredient in sweet dishes or just as a spread and not in savory meals. so, although the curry does not taste too much like peanuts (except for you choosing to use peanut butter with roasted peanuts) it becomes special because of the nut butter as it turns the curry super creamy!
hence, you do not necessarily need to prepare a side as the meal itself is pretty filling. so, stop making excuses and turn on the stove – you’ll for sure be rewarded with a special treat 😉
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 can brown lentils (drained 530 g)
- 250 g (butternut) squash
- 150 g frozen leaf spinach
- 50 g peanut butter (ca. 5 tsp)
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp paprika powder
- 3/4 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cardamom pod
- coconut oil
- peal and finely mince onion, garlic as well as ginger.
- dice squash.
- saute onion and garlic in some coconut oil until they turn transparent.
- add ginger and after a few minutes spices and let them roast for a few moments.
- add broth, peanut butter, salt and squash dices.
- let the stew simmer for about 5 minutes, then add lentils and drained spinach.
- let it simmer until the squash turns soft and the curry has the desired consistency.
- serve without a side or with rice.
to make it even more yummy prepare one or more toppings: sliced scallions, yogurt, sour cream, roasted & chopped peanuts, minced coriander or parsley.