if you’re scrolling through instagram, you could almost believe there’s only avocado toast, porridge, acai bowls or yogurt with granola available for breakfast or brunch. maybe even eggs benedict but that’s really it. therefore I created this delicious fast potato hash to broaden your horizon…
good morning sunshine
you already know that I’m a huge breakfast fan although to be honest, I usually stick to some kind of yogurt with müsli/granola or porridge as well. savory dishes will only be served when being out, on vacation or on holidays like easter. it’s a shame…
buuut to be accurate this fast potato hash with fried egg could be consumed at any time of the day. though egg dishes always let me think of breakfast, which is why it’s perfectly suitable for brunch. so, I’ll try to make some more time for breakfast and prepare such delicious treats more often. after all, I don’t want to forgo any good stuff, I could have enjoyed 😉
what are you usually having for breakfast or brunch? and are you changing it every once in a while or are you a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast like me?
- 1 small onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 125 g butternut squash, peeled
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1,5 tsp marjoram
- smoked salt
- butter or coconut oil
- finely mince onion.
- wash potatoes.
- separately cut potatoes, butternut squash, bell pepper and avocado into small dices.
- saute onion in the fat of your choice until they turn transparent.
- add potatoes as well as squash and roast for a few moments.
- infuse with 100 ml water, put the lid on and let it simmer until the potatoes are cooked (but not mushy). if needed add more water.
- add bell pepper and let it roast as well.
- turn the stove off, stir in the avocado and season potato hash with marjoram as well as smoked salt.
- fry the eggs sunny side up.
- split the potato hash onto two plates, place the fried eggs on top, pepper and serve immediately.
vegan? just don't add eggs, use coconut oil and there you have a delicious vegan breakfast.
if there's no squash available just use sweet potatoes, carrots or zucchini instead.